From Alva Glen Heritage Trust:
11 am Sunday, 4th December sees our last workday of the year.
The usual tasks will be on offer including the following:
– All the steps could, once more, do with a brushing to remove leaves
– Ash saplings need to be thinned out alongside the burn in the upper glen particularly on the east side between the sluice and the top waterfall
– Fallen or sawn down trees need to be dragged to the ‘chipping pile’ near the monument. Smaller logs to be arranged in wildlife friendly piles.
– Given time, we could discuss if there is any interest in in moving on to the next stage of Lade excavation for future workdays..
– Still a lot of railings to be painted…!
Look forward to seeing you