Alva Community Council (ACC) are currently seeking 7 new members to join the existing 7 to address issues that affect Alva.
In the last 5 years ACC’s activities include;
• Statutory Consultees for Planning & Licencing Applications
• Annual Fun Day
• Annual Christmas Fayre & Christmas Lights
• Hanging Baskets and Planters in town centre
• Facilitated the Outdoor Gym.
• Helped to organise recent clean-up of Alva Parks
• Alva Community Action Plan (CAPLan) Report produced in 2015 following a survey of all households.
• CAPLan Group consists of Community Councillors and members of the public. The group are consulted on Clacks Council plans for Alva and meet regularly with Officers e.g. Alva Town Centre Regeneration plans for 2020.
• Alva Development Trust (ADT) was originally developed from the CAPLan Group (ADT are now separate from ACC and have a 3 year lease of Cochrane Hall).
For further info about ACC email firstname.lastname@example.org or see www.alvacommunitycouncil.org.uk
Click on the Clacks Council link to see how to get a nomination form and further information on the Interim Election process. Closing date for applications is Wednesday 2 October 2019.